P R O G R A M
O V E R V I E W
Full day version with
Participants share the best part(s) and most challenging aspect(s)
of their jobs (if smaller group).
* Presenter introduces himself and the purpose of the program.
* Cultural influences.
* The “two” voices.
* Four cardinal feelings.
* Stages of change: i. Precontemplative
ii. Contemplative iii.
Preparation iv. Action
* Precontemplative defenses.
* Strategy: Dos and don’ts for helping the Precontemplator
* How to help the Contemplator.
* Presentation of Anger Balance sheet.
* Strategies for responding to “I don’t have an anger
problem.”: i. Gentle reality check ii.
Red pajamas—Green pajamas choice
* Metaphors: i.
An iceberg problem? ii.
Recruiting firepersons iii. Anger management as conditioning
iv. Feelings as
gauges v. Adding
new golf clubs to the bag
* Presentation of Anger record.
* Administering the
“IRATE” (Individualized Reach Anger Type Evaluation) Inventory.
* Addiction as vicious circle.
* Various addictions to power:
i. Rage for order ii.
Mad about you iii. Breaking out
(How anger compensates
for shame) v.
* Mad Science: Observing what goes into making one mad.
* Characteristics of a “Rage-Robot”.
* Anger escalation and prevention.
* Inverse relationship between anger and freedom.
* Proper and improper uses of “time-outs”.
* Types of inflammatory thoughts:
i. Personifying ii.
v. Blame-game vi. Labeling vii.
* Constructing extinguishing thoughts.
* Three phases of anger work.
* Transforming anger to be an inner teacher.
* Time for questions and answers.
© Copyright, 2009 The
Freeman Institute. All rights reserved. Nothing on
this page may be used without
explicit written permission. Note: Reproduction of any kind,
including cutting and pasting, is strictly prohibited.
HR Director's Best Friend"
The cost-effective alternative
to employee education.
Target training. Many topics. Certificates of completion.
Comprehensive information addressing violence awareness and prevention in the
Gandhi had a sign reading:
"When you are in the right you can afford to keep
and when you are in the wrong, you cannot afford to lose it."
"The degree of one's emotion varies inversely with one's
knowledge of the facts
-- the less you know the hotter you get."
in anger and you'll give the greatest speech you'll ever
If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a
hundred days of sorrow.
Satisfaction Guaranteed. Period.
With People Who Drive You Crazy!"®
Box 305, Gambrills, MD 21054
TEL 410-729-4011 FAX